Saturday, March 28, 2009

Stuffed Vegetables

I have been rather busy of late so its been awhile since I added a recipe.
I have been busy my students are undertaking their Cert II in Hospitality and we have been running a lunch time cafe at the college.
We are making many of these dishes and they are being received well by our customers.

I love the flavour you get from zattar mix before I found it at my local whole foods a couple of years ago I would use fresh thyme for this recipe but the zattar mix makes it heaps better
I have been using this recipe for at least 30 years.

1/2 cup chick peas/cooked/crushed
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped mint
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
2 medium tomatoes chopped
2 cups cooked rice
s/p
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon zattar mix
1 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice

Crush the chickpeas and add all the rest of the ingredients and mix together scoop out raw vegetables and fill with stuffing bake in oven.

No comments: