Saturday, June 6, 2009

Coriander and Crab Salad

I grow coriander in my garden every year, it is a herb that must be replaced annually.
I love fresh coriander in my salad dressing for any style of salad but I find it works well with a bit of crab and my favorite baby squid.
I don't eat it as much as I would like, as my partner Rod isn't a fan so its not for everyone.

250 gms of cooked crab meat (fresh or tinned)
250 gms cooked baby squid
4 spring onions
mixed lettuce
sliced cucumber
1 sliced tomato
1 gralic clove,crushed

Clean and chop up baby squid, shallow fry in oil add crushed garlic, remove from heat cool.
Prepare salad add cold baby squid.
If using tinned crab drain, add cooked crab to salad.

Dressing
Juice of 3 lemons
1/2 cup olive oil
1clove garlic, crushed
handful of fresh coriander, chopped
s/p

Mix all together drissle over salad

No comments: